My corner on the web to tell my friends about the latest Apps and Web stuff I care about, since I'm tired of mailing my buddies when I come across something I think they might like.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Tangerine

I'm a sucker for new appz. I'll try just about anything and most of the times I end up deleting them since I often either have something better or just can't see the point of an App. This is not the case with Tangerine!.

Using my Nano for running mostly this app is the missing link. Just as coverflow was (which by the way in its previous incarnation was better then Apple's implementation of it) this ought to be integrated in iTunes with a refresh option similar to shuffle.

The App basically goes through your tracks, analyses the beats per minute and beat intensity (I'm not sure I understand the difference) and allows you to create playlists based on them.

The brilliance however is in the fact that you can create non-linear playlists with changing BPM characteristics like Single Hill, double hill or random. So you can start your workout easy and then work-up to a higher intensity BPM and then finish on a softer BPM for your cooldown.

Thumbs up for these guys and I hope Apple will be generous when snapping them boys up!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home